We provide expert advice and representation to clients on litigation, arbitration and other forms of alternative dispute resolution. Our Firm is involved in various matters spanning insolvency, election petition, matrimonial causes, recovery of premises, probate, employment/labour, maritime and aviation disputes.
SOME OF OUR MOST NOTABLE LITIGATION MATTERS INCLUDE:
- Suit No. FHC/L/CS/408/10: Bank PHB Plc v. Vono Products Plc- Successfully defended a winding up petition on behalf of the Respondent.
- Suit No. ID/152HD/05: Emmanuel Chukwuemeka Nwosu v. Theresa Ngozi Chukwuka Nwosu- Secured a favourable settlement of properties in favour of the Respondent.
- Suit No. FHC/L/CP/1948/10: Bank PHB Plc v. Caverton Offshore Support Group Plc., Suit No. FHC/L/CP/950/10: Bank PHB Plc. V. Caverton Offshore Support Group Plc; and Suit No. FHC/L/CP/1097/10: Bank PHB Plc. V. Caverton Helicopters Limited- Represented the Defendants in the recovery of over N6 billion from a Nigerian Bank. The sum being the proceeds realized by the Bank from the illegal sale of 241,579,284 units of shares (in a first generation bank) belonging to the Defendants.
- Suit No. FHC/L/CS/542/10: Owners of the AHT ‘Divine Mercy’ V. the MT ‘Blue Gas’- Successfully secured the release of the MT ‘Blue Gas’ in a maritime dispute.
- Appeal No. CA/L/999/10: Aracruz Trading Limited V. Caverton Marine Limited (owners of the MT ‘Awero’ and MT ‘Blue Gas’)-Successfully defended the release of MT ‘Awero’ and MT ‘Blue Gas’ at the Court of Appeal.
- Suit No. FHC/L/CS/76/2012: Biswal Industries Limited V. Biswal Limited- Successfully represented the Plaintiff in a highly contentious matter on similarity of company names.
- Petition No. NA/ LEGH/EPT/L/15/15: Mrs. Olabisi Ayodele Salis & Anor. V. Bareehu Olugbenga Ashafa & Ors- Successfully represented the 1st Respondent at the National and State House of Assembly Election Petition Tribunal in Lagos State.
- Suit No. ID/1087/11: Mokas Konsult Limited V. His Royal Highness, Oba Waheed Fasola & Ors – Secured a favorable judgment in favour of the Claimant in an action for declaration of title to a large expanse of land in Ogudu G.R.A. Lagos.
- Suit No. AB/73/2011: Chief John Umeaiegbu V. Attorney General of Ogun State & Ors – Secured a favourable judgment for the 7th Defendant in an action for declaration of title to a vast expanse of land in Ogun State.
- Suit No. CA/L/211/15: Nigeria Re-Insurance Corporation v. Latifat Dosunmu & 2 Ors – Secured a favourable judgment in favour of the Respondents at the Court of Appeal in an action for recovery of possession of a property located in Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Suit No. FHC/C/309/2017: Heliportugal Trabalhose Transporte Aereo V. Aero Contractors Company of Nigeria Limited – Successfully represented the Claimant, in the arrest and deregistration of an aircraft.
- Suit No. ID/4045/GCM/17: Lateef Adedoyin Arosa & Ors v All Progressive Congress & Ors; Suit No. LD/4041GCM/17: Barr. Mutiu Olakunle v. All Progressive Congress & Ors; Suit No. ID/1939GCM/17: Muhammed Munirudeen Ayolaja v. All Progressive Congress & Ors; and Suit No. ID/1908GCM/17: Raheem Rasaki Alani- All Progressive Congress & Ors- Represented the Lagos State Independent Electoral Commission (LASIEC) in various pre-election cases in the Local Government Councils Elections.
- Suit No. NICN/LA/19/2011: Overland Airways Limited V. Oladeji Afolayan and Caverton Helicopters Limited- Secured a favourable judgment on behalf of the 2nd Defendant in a dispute for breach of employment contract.
- Suit No. ID/183M/2006- Mrs. Grace Omotade & 3 Ors V. Miss Folashade Abiodun Adesokan & 5 Ors.- Secured a favourable judgment for the Claimants in a suit involving the management and distribution of the Estate of Late Chief Omotade.