Our Firm provides legal advice and services in relation to power generation, transmission and distribution. We are conversant with licensing and regulatory issues pertaining to embedded and captive power generating projects.
We have negotiated, drafted and reviewed several industry agreements including Power Purchase Agreement, Gas Supply and Purchase Agreement (GSPA), Technical Services Agreement (TSA), Engineering Procurement Installation and Commissioning Agreement (EPIC), amongst others.
We provide tailor made advise on oil and gas servicing agreements as well as the various regulatory issues affecting the oil and gas industry.
OUR NOTABLE TRANSACTIONS INCLUDE:
Acted as legal counsel to a client in respect of an 8.5 MW Power Plant in Lekki, Lagos. The Power Plant was designed and constructed to power public utilities in Victoria Island, Lekki and Ikoyi in Lagos.
- We reviewed the Engineering Procurement Installation and Commissioning Agreement, the Gas Sales and Purchase Agreement, finance agreement bordering on generation as well as supply of power by a Client.
- Advised an electric power company on supply of 2 MW of electricity to a five star hotel in Victoria Island.
- Advised a client on the development of a captive power company in Ota, Ogun State and sale of power to the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company Plc.
- We acted as legal advisers to the Chapel Bay Consortium on the bid for Gbarain Power Plant of the Niger Delta Power Holding Company.
- We acted as legal adviser to a bidder for the Sapele Power Plant.
- We acted as Transaction Counsel to a client, in respect of a Multi-million dollar investment by a private equity firm in the Company, to undertake power projects.
- We acted as Transaction Counsel to a client in respect of a 3.8 MW Power Plant at Ilupeju Mall, Lagos State. We were also involved in the drafting and negotiation of the Power Purchase Agreement as well as other transaction agreements in respect of supply of power from the plant.
- Advised on a leading company in the power sector with respect to a Power Purchase Agreement on generation and distribution of electricity to housing estates in the Lekki area of Lagos State.
- Acted as Transaction Counsel in respect of the lease of an oil and gas equipment between a foreign company based in Houston, Texas and an indigenous oil and gas service firm.
- Advised a multinational oil and gas company with respect to its contract to carry out drilling services in Nigeria.