Our Firm provides services in relation to maritime/admiralty law including the negotiation and documentation of contracts for carriage of goods by sea, sale & purchase of vessels, marine insurance, voyage and bareboat charter parties. We regularly liaise with the Nigerian Shipping Registry.
Members of the Firm have benefitted from training in all aspects of maritime law. They have acquired experience in resolution of claims relating to charter parties, cargo, collision, demurrage and damages for detention, sale and purchase of vessels, ownership of vessels, arrest and release of ships, and negotiation of settlement of claims.
OUR NOTABLE TRANSACTIONS
- Advised a Nigerian/Singaporean joint venture on the acquisition and transfer of vessels.
- Advised a Nigerian/Vietnamese joint venture in their bid to set up a shipbuilding yard in Nigeria.
- Involved in the negotiation, drafting and reviewing of Agreement(s) for the acquisition and financing of vessels.
OUR NOTABLE LITIGATION
- Suit No. FHC/L/CS/542/10: Owners of the AHT ‘Divine Mercy’ V. the MT ‘Blue Gas’-Successfully secured the release of the MT ‘Blue Gas’ in a maritime dispute.
- Appeal No. CA/L/999/10: Aracruz Trading Limited V. Caverton Marine Limited (owners of the MT ‘Awero’ and MT ‘Blue Gas’)-Successfully defended the release of MT ‘Awero’ and MT ‘Blue Gas’ at the Court of Appeal.