Francis is an astute Counsel with expertise in dispute resolution, family law, real estate, capital market, company law, administration of estate, telecommunications, Islamic finance, banking and finance.
Francis has advised several international clients on various Nigerian and international transactions. He heads the Firm’s company secretarial/advisory services and is an expert on corporate governance compliance. He also participates actively in the Firm’s legal aid program for indigent prisoners. Francis has conducted several trials in highly contentious general civil matters, labour law, commercial, inheritance and land disputes.
He was a member of the team that recently advised on:
- the Listing by Introduction of Caverton Offshore Support Group Plc., on the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE) as Counsel to the Listing;
- the negotiation of the Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) between the Lagos State Government and PIPP LVI Genco Limited and the construction of the 6.5MW Peninsula Independent Power Plant in Lekki, Lagos;
- the acquisition bid for the NIPP Gbarain Power Plant in Bayelsa State by Chapel Bay Consortium (Channel Oil & Petroleum Limited, Eczellon Capital Limited, Bayelsa State Government, Banner Gas Limited and Power China) as Consortium Counsel;
- the financing of a Bombardier Challenger 605 aircraft between the Bank of Utah and a Nigerian aviation company;
- the acquisition of interest in two offshore support vessels; and,
- legal due diligence on several multi-national companies on behalf of local investors.
Nigerian Law School, Kano
Obafemi Awolowo University, LL.B (Hons.)
Probitas Partners LLP
Nextzon Business Services Limited
Shina Agbesusi & Co.
W.K. Shittu & Co. (Chambers Attachment)
Nigeria Bar Association
Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (UK)